Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Hi everyone! Today as Guest DT for Tickled Pink Stamps I’m sharing a Valentine card I made with Lil All Sorts, Walking Wilfred. He’s an Australian Wombat, so cute and cuddly. He’s also a free DIGI stamp at Tickled Pink during our Blog Hop beginning February 13th so stop by and visit. Check out the lovely Pink Ladies creations of Wilfred HERE.

This card is going to my hubby for Valentine’s day. He is my rock, my life partner, my world. I know he reads my blog so he’s getting an early peak at his card. He just doesn’t know what will accompany it. “Sorry, Dear, I’m not telling.”
My designer papers are from Cloud9Design and Heidi Grace Design. I love the pretty shimmer and glitter on these papers. I distressed the DPs with my Tim Holtz distressing tool then inked them with Chestnut Roan Cat’s Eye. I added a pretty heart ribbon bow and some of my favorite flowers from WOC. The beaded garland was made with red and pink seed beads and 24 gauge wire. I love beaded embellishments because they add movement and interest to my projects.
I colored Wilfred with Copics using a fur coloring technique I learned from the fabulous Copic Instructor, Suzanne Dean. Coloring fur with Copics so that it looks fuzzy can be a bit challenging. So check out her tutorial here and have some fun!
Here’s the inside of my card using some of the same elements from the front. I hand drew a large heart, cut it from Rosebud glimmer cardstock and inked the edges. Then I printed my sentiment from my PC and cut it into strips for a whimsy visual effect.
Here are the Copics I used to color Wilfred.

Supplies
Stamps: Walking Wilfred, Lil All Sorts Collection from Tickled Pink Stamps; Hugs Sentiment, MSE
Pattern Paper: Love Blossoms w/ Glitter, Heidi Grace Designs; Sweetheart Collection, Cloud9Design
Cardstock: Rosebud Metallic, The Paper Co.
Punches/Die cuts: Oval, Spellbinders; Valentine Embossing Folder; Sizzix; Frond Punch, Martha Stewart
Embellishments: Rose buds, Wild Orchid Crafts; Chestnut Roan Ink, ColorBox; Ribbon, Heidi Grace Designs; Pearls, Recollections; Seed Beads, Crafts Etc.

Hope you enjoyed my card and as always thank you for stopping by.

Hugz,

15 comments:

Arts by Sara said...

Oh Cathy... Wilfred is so adorable and your coloring is awesome! I love the flowers and the string of seed beads that you have added! (You have the patience of a saint!!!) Hope your hubby love's this card!!! I also hope you have a wonderful weekend! Happy Creating! Sara

Chrissy said...

Wilfred is adorable and so beautifully coloured.Love your papers and all the embellies. Great card.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Renkata said...

Cathy, congrats dear on your GDT spot.
Your cards are just amazing.
Gorgoeus colouring.

Anonymous said...

Cathy this is fantastic hun, those papers are devine...
(I need them)
Your little character works beautifully here, he's coloured perfectly....

FANTASTIC CREATING!!!
x
Vicky

wildfairy said...

fantastic work, absolutly love your card.

Judi said...

What a wacky, fun, card! Love it!

Judi x

Marie-Anne said...

What a lovely Valentines card.

Marie-Anne

Mary M. said...

Love the card. Great blog. Great inspiration.

Lisa Lynn said...

This is so sweet. Your image is colored so well - love the fur.

cowboydutrem said...

What a great card! Love those papers and the lovely flower treatment!

Kylie said...

Awwww Wilfred is my absolute favourite so I'm loving what you've done with him!! I can't wait to get him. I'm sure your hubby will love his card :o) Kylie F

Craftdee said...

He's gorgeous, I'm sure your husband will love this card! I love the inside/sentiment. Thanks for all the details and the tip about colouring fur, I'm going to check out Suzanne's tute right now (maybe not RIGHT now, its 1am in Western Australis!) Thanks as well for sharing, Dee

gobeagirl said...

Hi Cathy. This is so cute! Your fur looks so real. Great job and wonderful coloring. I really love everything about this. Just fantastic! Hugs, Lisa G

Unknown said...

Hi Cathy, I'm on the hop. Love this card but I do love the other two you made with the fox too! Hugs, Frea

Pysselbus said...

Cathy, sweetie, I adore this!! Hope your husband did as well!! Can't stop looking a your coloring... It's fantastic, looks like real fur!! *wow*

Wishing you the best weekend!
Hugs
Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...