Saturday, October 8, 2011

Cupcake Anytime

Happy Saturday! Winter has hit the Colorado Mountains and we are getting a lot of snow today. Our power was out this morning so my DH did his job and built a fire in the fireplace. So wonderful to have when the cold weather hits.  

I made this card last week just for fun while experimenting with some embossing techniques and Distress ink coloring.
I stamped some swirls over a sheet of pattern paper that I actually didn’t care for then heat embossed with clear embossing powder to let some of the light green paper show through. Then I sponged Peeled Paint and Dusty Concord here and there for a resist effect and wiped off the excess. I  love with this technique and used it many times but not on pattern paper. I think it turned out quite well and adds a personal touch to my card. I also heat embossed purple embossing powder with a clock face background stamp over my yellow pattern paper to go with my sentiment. Both of these stamps are from Hero Arts.
I used this sweet Belles n' Whistles “Cupcake” stamp and colored her with Distress Inks. The DPs are Basic Grey from " Wisteria" and my flowers are WOC with a brush of Distress ink as well.

I’m entering this card in the following Challenges:

Crafty Cardmakers – Anything Goes
Paper Sundaes – Lots of Layers
Craft Your Passion – Anything Goes, ribbon option
Heart Song Inspirations – Anything Goes
Make It Monday – Anything Goes

I hope you enjoyed my card. Thanks for stopping by.

Hugz,

6 comments:

NancyD said...

Cathy, Saw you on MIM and had to stop by. Your embossing looks fantastic and I love that sweet little image. NancyD

Chrissy said...

Lovely card Cathy Lee, gorgeous colouring and sweet image.Love you papers, really super.
Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Lin said...

Cathy this is completely gorgeous. I love that you have recycled your paper you were not keen on in this way and in the process came up with something wonderful. And to top it all off, it's beautifully coloured too.

Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Lin xx

Carla S. said...

This is gorgeous, Cathy! I love the rich colors and the wonderfully colored image! Great design!

Donna Hanley said...

Cathy Lee, I have been going through your blog and I just have to tell you that you are an outstanding crafter and colorist. I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get to blogs, but life has gotten in the way these past several weeks. Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations.

Jodi said...

Your coloring is amazing - i love the image and what you have done with it. Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Craft Your Passion.
Hugs,
Jodi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...